- Saucy Scents Soy Candles are designed to burn for 3-4 hours at a time (about 1 hour per inch in diameter). If the candle is burned for periods less than this, the candle will start to "tunnel" (burns down the center leaving wax on the sides of the container). You can prevent tunneling by making sure you burn the candle for the appropriate time. If your candle starts to tunnel and has not gone too far, you may be able to correct it by burning the candle for a longer period of time. The first time you burn a new candle expect the time to be a little longer to get a complete liquid layer.
- We recommend trimming the wick prior to each use. Our all-natural cotton wicks will easily trim without the use of scissors (after the first burn). Before re-lighting, pinch off the charred tip with a tissue. The tip will break off in the perfect place almost every time (approximately 1/4" above the wax line).
- If your candle starts burning to one side, adjust the wick or check for a draft. All natural cotton wicks do not stay in place as well as the metal core wicks so you may need to adjust the wick occasionally.
- Any candle flame can smoke if the candle is not burning efficiently. Other brands of candles will smoke because of petroleum levels. Soy candles will not smoke if the wick is trimmed before each burn.
- When extinguishing the flame, snuff it out by laying the lid on top of the jar. If you purchased an apothecary jar w/ glass & plastic lid, lay the lid upside down with the glass down so as not to melt the plastic side of lid. This prevents the "ball" on top of the cotton wick from being blown into the hot liquid and keeps the white smoke in the jar. This will prevent your jars from turning black.
- STOP BURNING CANDLE WHEN THERE IS 1/4 INCH OF WAX LEFT.
- DO NOT MOVE CANDLE WHILE BURNING OR WHILE WAX IS HOT!
- NEVER LEAVE CANDLE BURNING UNATTENDED!
- KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS!